With Black Friday coming up at the end of this week, we know that the deal-savvy shoppers are doing their research on which products they are going to buy. In our opinion, there is no better time of the year to get great discounts on mattresses! Sleep Options is exclusively sold by Sleepy’s, and they are having a HUGE Black Friday Sale on mattresses and bedding this year. But before you make your mattress purchase on Friday, we want to share the SLEEP test process with you!
This video touches on the SLEEP test, provided by the Better Sleep Council. We would like to elaborate on each step within the process so that you can have a better understanding of the importance of testing a mattress before you decide to buy it.
1. Select a mattress. With all the different kinds of mattresses out there, it is hard to come to a final decision of which brand you’d like the best. Make a short list of different mattress brands that you think would best work for you. For example, if you are looking for a memory foam or natural latex mattress, find out which brands sell them and write them down. Then do some research! Make sure you look at different consumer reviews for the mattresses to see if the owners love their bed.
2. Lie down. When you go to your local mattress retailer, don’t just sit down on the bed! Lie down on the mattress as if you were about to fall asleep for the night. It is recommended to lie in your sleep position for at least ten minutes to get a better feel for comfort and support.
3. Evaluate the level of comfort and support. Once you have tested a few mattresses by lying down on them, evaluate and compare which ones provided the most comfort and support. Some may have felt too firm for you, while others may have been too plush. If you sink far into the mattress, it may not offer the kind of support you are looking for. If you feel like you are sleeping on cement, you can find a more comfortable option. Finding the one that’s just right might take multiple tries, but it’s better to test the mattress before bringing into the bedroom!
4. Educate yourself about each option. You’re so far along in the SLEEP test, but there are still some decisions to be made! When looking at memory foam and natural latex mattresses, density comes into play. You have to decide which thickness is best for you. Sleep Options offers 8”, 11”, and 13” mattresses to fit every person’s sleep needs!
After you have decided on a thickness, you still need to figure out which mattress size would be best for you. Sleeping with a partner? You might need a Queen or King sized bed. Additionally, body type and sleeping habits play a role when deciding on the size of your mattress.
Choosing between a memory foam and natural latex can also be difficult. For more information on the differences between these two mattress types, please read, Choosing the Right Mattress for You: Natural Latex vs. Memory Foam.
5. Partners should shop together. If you are sharing the bed, one of the most important shopping decisions you can make is to bring your partner along! Everyone has different mattress and sleep preferences, so it is important that the two of you can find a mattress that you both can find comfort and support in.
We hope this article is helpful for those who are looking to buy a mattress this Black Friday! The SLEEP test can do nothing but help you in making the best purchasing decision for all of your sleep needs. Now what are you waiting for? Go out there and start testing those mattresses!